Thursday 23 November 2006

Welcome to my blog!

This is my first ever posting.... I'm just testing it out, ready for my trip to India on Monday. I'm hoping to post bits and pieces and photos etc.

I need to go shopping tomorrow, I've got a long list of medication to buy 'just in case'. Like Immodium, rehydration tablets, mozzie spray, paracetamol, brufen and a first aid kit. And then I'm loading tons of stuff on my iPod. I downloaded Amy Winehouse's album today, and I've got loads of podcasts ready to load up, including Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand, Mark Kermode's movie reviews and Chris Moyles. And a Little Britain one too.

And I'm about 1/3 of the way through Deception Point by Dan Brown. It's so good but I'm trying to save it for the trip. Which is hard, because it's a major struggle to put it down every time I pick it up.

I'm taking some snacks too, just in case they don't do Gillian McKeith's 'fruit, nuts & seeds' there. And some californian raisins. And some 'sucky sweets' for when we take off so I don't get earache. I've gone for some glacier mints and fruit drops.

I don't know how best to use my 100ml liquid allowance. My sister took hand cream to the Gambia last weekend. I'm tempted to take a drink, but suppose I can buy one in the departure lounge, so is there something else I should take? Is toothpaste a liquid? It fills its container doesn't it, and isn't that the definition of a liquid?

I'm going for 3 days - to work at Sapient, which is in Gurgaon, Delhi - so it's a flying visit. But very exciting! I'm staying in the Grand hotel, which seems to do what it says on the tin. It's got loads of restaurants, a gym, shops and a spa. Very posh....

2 comments:

samantha said...

Sis!
Medical advice from moi!
Forget the rehydration tabs, taste like shit, have coke instead. If you were that dehydrated you would be in hospital, staying at that fancy joint i think you'll be ok!
I have mossy repellent, buy stuff to stop itching from bites instead which i haven't got!
Acidophillus tabs may help to prevent Delhi Belly (friendly bacteria) and the poorly botty symptoms some of us are having from the side effects of malarone!
Hope this helps before you raid boots!

Senor Dunc said...

this now-seasoned traveller recommends you TAKE YOUR USB CABLE. we want a blog, with photos, from india. don't leave us waiting til you get back.

love the blog. I'llkeep my beady eye on it...